That’s a familiar 239 cubic inch flathead V8 under the hood, and in 1940 it was making an over-achieving 85 horsepower. It’s nicely detailed with reproduction hoses, olive green engine enamel, and shiny acorn nuts on the heads, and runs as smoothly as a flathead should thanks to a rebuild about 2000 miles ago. The modern alternator gives away the electrical upgrades, but the rest is pretty stock, from the oil bath air cleaner and 2-barrel carburetor to the twin water pumps at the front of the engine. The ignition system is a Mallory system just for flatheads and vintage headers feed a purring dual exhaust system that give the flathead just the right tone. The brake system was fully rebuilt with new lines, master cylinder, and wheel cylinders and wide whitewall radials have been installed on the original wheels to give it better handling without ruining the vintage look.
Location: Lithia Springs, Georgia, United States